Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Saturday 16 March 2013

Let's Be Honest

Apart from these baby casts I did this week (how cute are baby hands?) I haven't picked up a paint pot for months, moved over to balls and hooks... now lets discover why shall we?

* Is it because there is lots of good stuff on TV that i don't want to miss??        No
* Is it because its nice to sit by the fire during this everlasting winter??               Partly but we do have central heating in other rooms!
* Is it because my son has taken over the studio/office with a sudden urge to do his homework ... ??? err that's a definite NO!!!
* Is it because I have been totally inspired by clever hookers??   Well I have but that's not the full reason
* Is it because my craft room has got into such a state that I couldn't even bear to go into the room, never mind tidy it up??   Ummmmm YES, that will be the reason! I have been so embarrassed about it I haven't even shared my room om WOYWW... and that's saying something because I have shared it before in a dreadful state

But Friday heralded the start of another Andy Skinner online course, to which I signed up for the day it was released months ago when maybe the room was usable (or maybe not!) The fact that I started my project sitting at the kitchen table last night and struggling to unearth the stash I needed, prompted me to buckle down today and sort the room out!

I can now sit at my desk.... whoopee!!! So watch this space, I'm on a Book of Ruination roll and will soon be Rocking My Book

5 comments:

  1. Oh well done Nicky..all it takes is a prompt and you're off. And imagine all the stuff you'll re-discoer in tidying, even before AS starts to challenge your stash! Get rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be bad if your avoiding WOYWW! I would love to do an AS course but would find it hard to commit to the course in real time. Look forward to seeing your makes

    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH those little tiny hands and feet are so precious! I have each of my kids foot prints at about 2yrs old in concrete stepping stones. Treasures. My oldest now has bigger feet than me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your cute casts Nic. Your work room a mess.......nahhhh don't believe it......Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your casts !
    I cannot wait to see what you come up on the new workshop .I havent signed up for that one yet as I am still doing my bottles but will catch up to the book of ruination soon LOL x

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx