Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Back With A Vengeance

Oh My goodness, I see I haven't blogged since the beginning of August. So much has been going on in our family some good some bad nothing to bore you all with, but through all that the hook has still been in my hand! People have always asked me if I sell my crocheted bits or indeed any of my 'old tat' I have always shied away from selling as any artist/crafter will tell you there is nothing in it, you end up 'working' for literally pence per hour, but then I balanced that against how much I enjoy it, so if I am doing it I may as well sell it even if its only to cover the cost of the materials. 
Then a friend challenged me to make a hat that she found and loved when she was browsing the net. The hat was knitted and I apologise to the designer because I don't know who it was and I always like to credit people. Her hat was knitted and I like to crochet so although I have copied her design mine is crocheted, no pattern I just made it up as I went along. My friend's husband threatened to leave her if she wore this out in public but they still seem to be happily married, fortunately she resisted wearing it when they went out to celebrate a rather impressive wedding anniversary the other evening! 

This is the offending item .... 






This then led to a flurry of orders
again I didn't have a pattern for any of my hats I just 'wing' it as I go along (rather apt for the owl...) 





and a LOVELY compliment about this hat from a lady who ordered it for her son
Nicks your tortoise hat has magical qualities. No 2 son [aka Tim] definitely does not do mornings, BUT, this morning he got up being his usual self [grumpy] dressed, put his hat on and he is all smiles and laughter. He loves it and has said he is not taking it off till summer 2014 !! You need to patent this happy hat :-)"



Another lovely lady ordered this hat and also an owl as above. She is confined to a wheelchair and was fed up with the 'does she take sugar' attitude from people and being stared at, so she thought she may as well give them something to look and smile at... what a brilliant attitude and how lovely to think that a bit of wool can bring so much pleasure. I am truly humbled by my new customers



talking of smiles, here is my nephew who is the most gorgeous boy ever with his monkey 



called Antonio 




dah, da, dah, da ..... Meet Mr Shark 




Now some Tea Cosies and a couple of random hats which will soon appear on my new Etsy shop (apart from the cream one which is already sold :) ) 












Can't stop I am in the middle of making a moose hat!!

Happy Hooking x

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Your tea cosies are utterly awesome and the hats such fun !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am delighted to say Nicks, I am still married, (brave man) but to be honest it hasn't been cold enough to wear my Reindeer hat yet! So I just wear it around the house when he is out! I am just amazed at how clever you are and how fast you create these masterpieces! Can't wait to see what you get up to next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant pieces and so genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing Nicks! So clever - they're all.brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hats are wonderful. I think that the turtle is my favorite :) You are so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how cute!!! love the owl one!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx