Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Sunday 16 March 2008

Playing catch up



Weather is so dreadful in this part of the world that Matt has stopped planting his potatoes (new found enthusiasm for gardening it has lasted a week so far...... anyone want to be on how long it will actually last??)........... anyway back to the plot, he has taken the kids swimming and the chicken is in the slow cooker, which has left me some interrupted time to catch up on some ATC's and stuff. So have now finished the 1 stamp/5 ways challenge as you can see from the pictures..... think it's fairly self explanatory on what we had to do! L to R Stamped on wood veneer with a UTEE/bead background. Shrink plastic image on an acrylic painted background... the effect of the paint is made by thickly painting on the paint and then putting two bits of mountboard together and pulling apart.. great effect! next one if just straight forward stamping and a bit of doodling. Then stamping onto fimo & pigment powders and finally the last id my fave old UTEE with kitchen foil and stamping onto tissue which I have shattered to make 'shattered dreams'
Also I have finally finished the last of the altered jigsaw bits, just got mine to do and then mount it.
So nearly up to date, just a couple of 1;1's I owe to do and then the dreaded packing up to send, I hate that bit do you??. Then I am free to get some ready to swap at Ally Pally.... not long now, I am so looking forward to meeting up with my crafty buddies!
Oh............ I forgot and have just been reminded by Edward that we still have to finish his Easter Bonnet, but as we are waiting for his papier mache egg to dry, i still have a bit of time.............

5 comments:

  1. These look fab Nicks :) CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I can't wait to see them. I'd better get started on mine soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely fab nicks!!!, i learn something new from you each time i look on here!.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic as usual !
    Matt is further on than me haven't even started digging yet ,best get me wellies out this weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  5. will you be entering the competiton at AP mmmm better get my thinking cap on - great cards as always

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx