Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Tuesday 17 March 2009

Altered Books and Busy Busy Busy

I have been busy honest even if I haven't been blogging, just had a weekend away at Bessie's (wasn't actually invited, I invited myself ...as you do!) but it was so good to see her and have a hug or two with Mr Bessie. There are new jobs on the horizon for my OH and I, Your Creative Journey is looming fast, my Son's headteacher seems to have volunteered me to make 50 tags to go with the flowers the kids are giving to their mums for mothers day and the blasted cats have just eaten the sausages i was defrosting for supper tonight. Apart from that life is pretty boring LOL

On the arty front, I am in the middle of preparing the stuff for YCJ, got some pretty cool projects on the go! Also halfway through a Altered book, but have come to a bit of a halt... Booker's block I think it's called!
I am also taking an online Altered Book course which started on Sunday, so I have prepped another book- first weeks lesson - and am really excited about this course. Will be totally different from the books I have done before, hope to learn alot under the expert tutelage of Elizabeth.
Here it is in it's 'just prepped' stage, some pages have been removed. I have never done this before, so it will be interesting to see what happens next!



My 7 year old son Edward rather loves Junk Modelling.... heaven forbid I throw anything away without asking him first, and if there is a world shortage of masking tape then he will be completely responsible. He made a model for his 'mate' John, when I went down to see them at the weekend, unfortunately he got rather attached to it and wouldn't let me take it and no amount of persuading would change his mind, so sorry John!! But John assures me he is happy with just a photo. I have to say it is rather smart so I can't blame him... Being an obnoxiously proud mum I am sharing it with you as well.

Right I can hear calls of 'Mum what is for tea?'

So shall I tell them I saved the sausage from the jaws of the cats or not???

11 comments:

  1. hahaha a great read Nicks, i look forward to seeing what your book looks like when its finished,great bit of art by Edward takes after his mum. nice to see you went to sparkles, see you soon, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww nicks I am with you there BLASTED CATS! hope you managed to have something else nice for tea.x
    Edward is deffo your son, what a fabulous creation! I can see why he didnt want to part with it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. NEVER leave food around to defrost when you have animals ! First rule of a pet owner(unless you have Lola and Jasmin who are too fat to climb on work surfaces!)
    Good luck with the altered book, will be following your blog for updates. Edward is definitely a chip off his mother's block.
    Hope those tags are all done !
    Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suppose its better than them bringing you more mice LOL .
    Well done Edward !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love altered books so will have to visit that link i think... there is something on my blog for you :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. edward i think you can teach mum a trick or two or three or four pmsl

    mmm i wonder who posted this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edward - John loved it even though it is only a picture lol Well done
    Sparkles xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Nicks - fantastic stuff from your 7 year old there! And, of course, fantastic stuff from you! I just bought a set of jigsaw cards last week (I still remember your altered jigsaw pieces!): make the card then pull it apart, then put it all back together again! How cool is that! Also, I'm no longer called ArtInspiration4today. Your blog list is outta date woman! Here I am now:
    http://mistressdebrina.blogspot.com/

    I'm doing a "SOMETHING FOR FREE? Yes Please!!" post again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well done Edward and love the colours.
    daisymae
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, can't wait to see how the book develops, having just done my first altered one, I'm eager to do more so awaiting inspiration.

    WOW the junk! Brill, brill, brill - obviously you've inspired your son too.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx