Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Thursday 5 June 2008

I'm not really being macabre!

But perhaps it looks like it! Inspired by the ever talented
Heidi, I have decided I should try my hand at some houses! Didn't know where I was going until I got there and it seems quite macabre. It's people imprisoned in their home... arrghhhhh don't read anything into it! It came about because I was using the Paperartsy window (from the schooldays plate) and turned it upside down to resemble a door.. not knowing what to put behind it, I picked up a rejected stamped image of a Butterfly girl that was meant for another project. Only half of her would fit but I still liked it, then it occurred to me she seemed to be behind the door unable to get out and it went from there. Cos I have been itching to use some mesh I recently bought and I needed to get it out because I have some Mesh ATC's to make, there are three windows at the top behind which three more inhabitants are imprisoned......... do you think I need counseling??
Eventually I want to make a complete street, with lots of different stories going on in each house, after all you never know what goes on behind closed doors!


On a happier note Pbird recently made me this wonderful Soldered Circle... I was wandering around the house wondering how best to display this when I came across my 'fallen angel' which appears somewhere on this blog. Matthew had made me a plinth with a post on which to hang her, she looked OK but there was always something missing.... not any longer! Paula's circle is now mounted behind her and I think it's just perfect! Thanks Paula, hope you like where your W.O.A is now living!
(sorry about the picture though it looks a zillion times better in real life!)
Suppose I better go now and do some day to day stuff.......... yuk!

5 comments:

  1. looking forward to seeing the rest of your street nicks!
    paulas circle and your angel fit perfectly together! a lovely piece of art!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your fallen angel was lovely in real life, but have to say [lol] it does look great with the 'halo' behind her
    Sparkles

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know you styled the fallen angel on me ROFL - great stuff PB and as for the house well what can i say......................i'm choked hahaha what does the back have on it LOL ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nicks you have been busy,some beautiful pieces of artwrk and I love your bargain bits!!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx