Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Monday 24 August 2009

Something Different Again Today

Finally finished Astrid's 6x6" Round Robin swap that was started yonks ago but as always people's lives en-route have got in the way and it has taken longer than expected.

But here are two i have done today, I used the same background technique for both pages, marvy metallic pens dabbed on the card, spritzed with water until they ran together and then I placed 'cling film' over the top and scrunched it... left to dry, Voila! a beautiful background. I used the same colours on both.. one was white card the other black, so they look completely different.

Yvonne's theme was 'Memories'


I have had this 'photo stamp' for a while now but have never known quite how to use it, but she looks like she is daydreaming and thinking of times past, so she seemed right to use here. The background is so lovely I decided to make them as much of the page as the focal image, so both layouts are simple and unfussy.



Cindy's theme was 'Women'
The photo does not do the colours of this page justice, I wanted to make it look as if this lady was coming out of the water. I think I have just about succeeded. I had to cut her out as she has a border around her on the original stamp (Click here to see the stamp from The Artistic Stamper)
and the wave is a quote by I can't remember who ???? but I altered it to suit her!
So sorry girls that you have had to wait for your fianl pages, not sure these are worth the wait but I hope you like them a little bit!

8 comments:

  1. They are great Nicks, I lurrrves them. Debs H

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous backgrounds! I'll have to try that technique ~ thanks for sharing it. really like your work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the backgrounds. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmmmmm think I might give this a go - well after I have finished all the projects I intend to do lol
    Nice though Like the water
    SparklesSimpleStuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW both beautiful pages and I love both the quotes too.

    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent Nick i love your sense of adventure in art. when does your wood carving course start ? I would love to know what thats like :)
    I hope you are well my friend
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are fantastic!! The backgrounds are amazing. I can never manage to make photo stamps work, how did you do it??? When I scan mine they always look like a pile of dots.
    Have you had all your pages by now?

    Do you know how Duckface is, - I think I have lost her email, and her blog is for invited members only now, so I can't even contact her on that as she hasn't invited me (boohoohoo:o( )

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx