Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Thursday 28 January 2010

The other O.W.O.H prize

I am having a lovely time travelling around the world stopping off at peoples blogs for a nosey and a cuppa... well actually no one has offered me a cuppa but I live in hope.
On my original post I promised a second prize but didn't know what it would be, well here it is... hope you like!

As you can see it is a tag.. but no ordinary tag, it is a collage sandwiched between some embossed metal and an acrylic tag from Joanna Sheen and soldered together. I haven't played with my soldering iron for ages but got it out yesterday for another project and was reminded how much I enjoyed doing it.




If you would like a chance of winning it please leave a comment on the OWOH post


6 comments:

  1. This looks awesome Nick. I am even more excited now. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous piece hun, please enter me for this one too....and soz I not been by sooner...my laptop died...so...I have a NEW one...yipppppeeeee....hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!!
    I'm NĂºria from http://scrap-cat.blogspot.com
    I play in OWOH like you, and you did put a comment to participate in OWOH on my blog in a wrong message (http://scrap-cat.blogspot.com/2010/01/un-pensament.html); today, I have seen, and I copy your message and I put it in a correct place.
    If you have some problem, send my an e-mail: nurkatt@gmail.com

    really you have a beautiful job in your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really original Nicks. Lovely colours too. I still haven't got around to soldering... one day, along with everything else lol!
    Sorry I wasn't in when you popped by... I would have made you a cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I love your notebook AND your tag! What lovely, thoughtful gifts. Would you like a cuppa rose tea? It is hot, perfumed and lovely...thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx