Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Sunday 20 June 2010

Chook Sunday!





It’s Sunday so that means its chook day! Our girls are still blossoming; I think this freedom lark suits them down to a ‘T’! They are much happier this week now I have finished worming them and they can have some treats again, especially their favourite Spaghetti, - now who was it who said they would only have any food we had as leftovers? Surely that wasn’t me?? And who is it who cooks extra so they can have some ‘leftovers’ ? surely that’s not me either???
So just a few piccies of my girls (and my girl and my boy!). I managed to persuade Matt that they needed a little bit of extra room, so he extended the run a bit, which includes an old den the children made, which is perfect as a bit of shade in the sun, or shelter from the rain, but do the less that intelligent chickens hide from the rain? Do they buffalo!
Here is little Bebe, who was the scraggiest and smallest of them when we got them, she still has some way to go, but she is not shy and timid anymore!


If you ever visit us.. Here is a word of warning!
And as if we didn’t have enough wildlife around here, look what the Cats brought in as a little fathers day present for Matthew... cant tell you which cat brought it in because I was hiding under the covers in my bed whilst Georgina caught it and took this photo (in MY favourite glass jug!! – that ATM is being bleached before I make the gravy tonight – amidst cries of FG(oodness)S Mum its only a mouse – yuk yuk yuk!)
Cute though!

5 comments:

  1. The chooks are looking very happy indeed. And awwww to the sweet little mouse ( sweet as long as it is not in my house, lol ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. all looking good on the flat lands

    Sparkles xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love mices, this is a sweetie one... and ... I want chickens bbut Grim says NO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what gorgeous girlies, I love them! If there was a mouse in our garden the ducks would eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow the chooks are thriving
    they are soo entertaining too

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx