Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Monday 6 December 2010

It's getting Steamy here!!

With The Artistic Stamper's Steampunk Stamps - I just adore them! You will be seeing more them because I cant resist using them.

Today's Advent offering is made by covering a piece of mount-board with Viva Decor Ferro paint I then gave it a quick blast with my heat-gun - I find if you just start to dry the paint - this gives a slight 'skin' to the paint (it wont be dry underneath) and its then easier to stamp into and gives a more definite impression plus it doesn't make quite such a mess of your stamp - BUT you still must wash it straight away! 
As you can see I used the AS Harlequin Background Stamp. The Steampunk Bauble was simply stamped on card, embossed, cut out and then given a glassy appearance with Glossy Accents 
A few cog thingys from my stash (well in truth I think they are washer thingy's from OH's Garage) and a edging of gold UTEE and hey presto!

Todays little treat?? 
A walk around the village and a trudge across the fields in my wellies - ALL ON MY OWN - Bliss 




2 comments:

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx