Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Friday 24 December 2010

Twas the night before Christmas......

Well I bet all the chickens and turkeys up and down the land are keeping very quiet tonight..... Naturally our chooks are very safe, they are just being good in the hope that Father Christmas will bring them a stocking full of Mealworms....... they wont be disappointed!


I used my metal letter punches to stamp out the wording and had a glorious half hour with my hammer, hitting the letters and listening to 'Twas the night before Christmas' by my favourite Louis Satchmo Armstrong
I then covered the rest of the 'tag' with Terra and stamped into it using the AS Sequin Waste stamp - waited for it to dry and then painted over it with Claudines Paints, blended and once dry swiped over with Barn Door Distress ink, just to pick up the highlights.

A friend Kathy sent me these cute Chicken buttons a while ago, I just gave them some santa hats!
All together now...... On The Third Day of Christmas, My True Love Sent To Me......

My treat today is....... I don't know! Matt is treating us all to something. I usually cook the full meal on Christmas Eve, but the family for one reason or another are in different directions this Christmas, so its a quiet day for us and Matt is cooking........ so if you don't see me again, you will know why!

So that just leaves me to wish you all a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS and thank you to Jennie and Hels for letting me join in with the Artistic Stamper Creative Team, I have had a ball xx


I'll see you after Christmas with my final ASCT project

8 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas Nicks
    Lurves the tag, it's so funky and apt!
    Gosh you won't know what to do with yourself today! lol
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag, love the chickens!
    It's been great seeing your art on the ASCT.
    Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy christmas Nicks
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that is soooooooooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh a gorgeous tag :-)
    A very happy Christmas to you and your chooks! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tag. I've written my own version of that poem on my blog today :-)
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another awesome piece of art.
    Happy Christmas Nicks Hope you and your family have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a chick chick chick chick chickeny Christmas!! x

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx