Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Saturday 17 December 2011

Happy Christmas to you all


Again I will start this post by saying, I havent posted for ages...
I haven't posted for ages. I could give you a list of explanations/excuses,
 but you will have heard them all before, so I won't.

My only crafty contribution to Christmas 2011 are these Christmas Tree's made from old magazines. Mrs Bessie made one and I thought they were so cool I had to have a go. I am not a lover of Christmas Decorations and would be quite happy with just a tree, I have a positive hatred for tinsel, I hate it more than peel offs and devils dandruff aka flowersoft. My husband however just LOVES everything tacky where Chrimbo Decs are concerned and this is a bone of contention each year, but we have finally compromised and Matt is becoming the new Kirsty Allsop.... We have nice twiggy garland type things hanging from every possible place you can hang things from and he bought about a zillion glass vases and filled them with various things like nuts, fruits, lights, sweets, baubles, candles, fir cones, holly etc.. you get the drift - and my magazine trees adorn the hall table - looking all very festive and only one bit of tinsel is in sight (fair is fair he didn't ask for the foil garland things to be pinned to the ceiling)

Ever since we got married we have bought one tree decoration a year, two since both children have been born... we try to find something that is significant to that year
This years tree decoration is possibly my favourite


Just like my favourite dog!

If you would like to have  a go at making a magazine tree, Mrs Bessie first got the idea from

make sure you take a look at the rest of her blog, its fab!

Happy Christmas to you All and a Happy Creative New Year xx


7 comments:

  1. Aww Nicks that doggy is gorgeous! I have brought my kiddos a tree dec for the year they were born, but must collect some really nice ones. love the trees! must admit we only have a tree, I like a tree, nice and neat and organised in the corner, if Niall had his way I think we would be illuminated in every single way, tinsel is his little thing he takes snippets of it to school, I dont do tinsel tho. Hope you and yours have a Wonderful Christmas. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these magaazine trees look great - I have seen the video and will have a go - but just not this year! Hope you and your family have a fabulous Christmas and New Year - and that we see you back blogging in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh your tree looks so much better than mine - might have to copy and stick some starts on it! Happy Christmas to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. stars even!!! lol Must put my glasses on when I type!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kindred spirit! I hate the smell, noise, feel and look of tinsel and can't stand all those garish garlands - foil or paper. shudder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab trees Nicks! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too x

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx