Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Saturday 3 November 2012

Getting Plastered on a regular basis

Another couple of casts from Sir Skinners Outcasts course I have been doing for the last few weeks - totally addicted!
This one was going to be a paperweight but turned into a tealight holder - was hoping for a nice greasy looking industrial bit and I am happy with the results





This is a wall plaque - using a copper verdigris effect that I learnt from Andy's Timeworn course (yep I wholeheartedly recommend peeps doing all his courses!)


Writing this post whilst waiting for a workman to turn up, itching to get back into my craftroom but I cant really answer the door covered in plaster can I?? Hurry up Mr Man!

7 comments:

  1. Really really beautiful Nicks.
    The wall plaque i love very much.
    Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the candle holder. well done xx
    Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great candle holder, LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work again !#
    love the tealight holder brilliant idea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow these are gorjuss, love the second one, i have just drawn and cut some keys with wings for our shop, i love anything with wings lol, great pieces

    hugs
    Judie
    www.crafty-emblies.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness . . . I am in awe over your art. My favorite, and I might say, that is a very hard thing, to pick a favorite . . . is the magnifying-glass angel. I don't even know what I'm looking at . . . your technique is totally new to me, but I LOVE IT !!!
    I am putting you on my front page blog-list so that I will never miss a new post. Please come over and visit. Check out my little corner of blog-land (not as impressive as yours) and enter my first Give-Away. I am celebrating my first year as a blogger:)
    Your newest fan and follower, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nicky,just passingby wishing you and your family a happy christmas. Just looked through your blog. some pretty amazing work.I love it..

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx