Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Sunday 10 February 2008

So many ideas, so little time.....

Oh dear having a bit of a crisis today, sorted some me time so that I could catch up on some ATC's that I owe, either 1:1's or hosted swaps but realised that they were becoming a bit of a chore. Not because I don't enjoy doing them but because I have so many projects bouncing around in my limited brain cells and realised that I just haven't got time to do everything. So I have decided to cut back on ATC's for a little while and concentrate on some altered art... (i can hear the ATC world breathing a sigh of relief!) But my OH quite rightly keeps reminding me that he would like to see more of my stuff around the house (he may not say that tomorrow when I give him his birthday clock LOL)
Anyway, that brings me to the rather odd picture on my post today.... I have always been fascinated by rusty things..... yep I was an odd child! and have wanted for ages to be able to 'rust' something.... patience is not my strong point and I can't wait for something to rust of it's on accord and the dangerous sounding mix of chemicals you need to rust metal daunted me somewhat. Anyway I sandpapered the paint off this Altoid mint tin, late Friday night and left it to soak in a mixture of bleach and vinegar.... the house stank but I got the result I wanted, now all i have to do is think of what to do next with it!!
Next week is quite a busy one for us as a family as we are all involved in a Pantomime, so not much crafting will get done, but the idea is to play 'catch up' and when the kids are back at school after the halfterm I want to do something with this tin and my charity shop bargains!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx