Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Saturday 19 April 2008

Left handed attempts.....

A week of not crafting after a wrist op has left me champing at the bit, I finally gave in today cos the offending wrist felt better this morning............. it doesn't now LOL!! But these are the efforts.. nowt spectacular (not that anything I do is) but at least I had a little play with some of the goodies I bought at Ally Pally last Saturday, they had been tantalising me and staring at me unpacked in my craft room for far too long!





I thought the wording on the first one was rather apt!! You can't really tell from the picture but the extra wonky eye is a glass mosaic tile backed with part of the background stamp. Matthew bought a box full home from work that were going to be chucked out. He is learning, so far he had saved some wood veneer, laminate chips, tiles, perspex, corian worktop samples and various bits of wood................... his workmates must think his wife is completely bonkers, esp when he had to ask the carpenter for a bag full of sawdust!

Well that's about it for now, now going to have a very very quick tidy round and then settle down and read some old copies of Somerset studio which i found in my mates craft-room last weekend and managed to persuade her to lend them to me!!

BTW.... have a look at my bargain buy on the right.............
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
It's too long to add to this post!!

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I'm not sure I could produce anything that good left-handed. (I love your bargain buy too. I wish I could find bargains like that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work!
    thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. there great..love the one with the
    glass mosaic tile...must look out for some..

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are great nicks and love ur bargain x

    ReplyDelete
  5. now your not showing off only using one hand are you ROFL

    and errrrmmm one assumes you got me a bargain buys as well which you will hand over to moi hahaha - typical someone else always see's the great bargains

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great, i love the stamp on the right, i bought it too, need to do more with it. handsome fella :)

    Glad your wrist, well, was getting better!! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks very very much for my bargain - does this mean i have to be nice to you now ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty darn good stuff for left handed work - really like the glass tile one.

    Looking forward to seeing your work on the 'bargain piece'

    Ange.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do all my work left handed - no problem at all !!!! maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgot to say 'these are great' - maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. you didn't have to use sawdust you could have used f*******t LOL Nice though well Very good actually
    Sparkles x

    ReplyDelete
  12. well instead of sawdust you could have used f********t lol
    But its great whatever you used
    Sparkles

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx