Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Thursday 24 July 2008

Silver clay.... now this stuff is fun!!

One of the workshops being held at the
YOUR CREATIVE JOURNEY workshops is Silver Clay by HEIDI. Heidi came over to teach me and my friend how to use this fantastic stuff the other day and here is my attempt. For anyone who is unsure what silver clay is, you start with a small lump of what looks like ordinary clay. You then fashion it into whatever you like, pop it in the oven to dry a bit then heat it with a blowtorch and hey presto you have a piece of silver which can be hallmarked. Sounds too good to be true?? It is too good but also true! OK my first attempt did look like a raspberry with a phallic symbol on it, but I re-kneaded it and ended up with this pendant which I am very happy with.

My less crafty friend joined us as well, under H's expert tuition she also produced a stunning necklace .

Not bad for our first attempts I think you will agree!
If you fancy having a go why not join Heidi at
YOUR CREATIVE JOURNEY

4 comments:

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx