Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Thursday 22 January 2009

Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday dear.........

Happy Blogger Birthday to Me!

I can't believe it's a whole year since I ventured in to the world of Blogging, time certainly does fly when you are having fun!
Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post, I have done the Random.org thingy with all the names (well apart from Heidi's she has no room for any of my old tat and the dustbin men refuse to take anymore) and it came up with June who has several blogs I wasn't sure which one to link to, to show you what fab stuff she does, but this one is great and you can link to her other blogs from there! http://junescraftytips.blogspot.com/ anyway apologies to you June cos some of my old tat will be winging it's way to you, once I have made it!

Talking of making things I have FINALLY got around to making Astrid's round robin page, it has been a long time coming, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for her theme of 'Vintage Children' . Anyway one of my promises to myself in 2009 was to start working more with textiles, I have got a long way to go but this is my first effort inspired by a book I got for Christmas called Mixed Media Mania by Debbi Crane and Cheryl Prater, I love this book because not only are there some great ideas but the cyber relationship between the two just makes me giggle and reminds me of a few email conversations I have with the Smug Suffolk One



Anyway, its a mixture of printing onto fabric and batik , but spraying with Glimmer mists instead of the traditional way of dyeing the fabric and very bad sewing with the addition of a few beads.. I hope Astrid likes it after waiting patiently for so long!

7 comments:

  1. Hehehehe Nicks I am sooooo happy .. Old Tat indeed !!! I absolutely adore !!! your stuff and will treasure my prize. I still cant believe my name was drawn !!! Yayyyyy !!
    Thanks so much my friend.

    Also i do love this and I bet Astrid will love it too :) You know your 'old tat' as you call it is coveted ... the list of names on the draw proves that. Keep making beautiful art !!!
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicks, wow wee your page is gorgeous, love the dreamy feel, thats what it gives me lol. wow how quick has this year gone by! I remember viewing your blog and asking was it ok if i started one lol, happy bloggy birthday.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That page is fantastic - Astrid is going to love it! Vintage with a Nicks feel, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicks ..

    there is something over at my blog here for you
    http://junesartyretreat.blogspot.com/
    Hope you like it :)

    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Bloggy birthday :0) well done June and lucky Astrid! the page is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Astrid DOESN'T like it I want her home address so I can give it to my Uncle Rocco. Bad sewing is the best! Well done, Nix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, no brown, good job I was sitting down. great page Nicks. I still have four to do, so must find some will power, and inspiration. Any tips for doing you know who's

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx