Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Saturday 10 January 2009

It's my Blogging Birthday soon... time for Blog Candy!

That sounds a bit rude.............. but it's not meant to be, On the 22nd January it will be a whole year since I joined the world of blogging, alot has happened since then, esp with the advent of YCJ and it is nice (for me at least) to see how much my old tat has changed (note I did not use the word 'improved') in the past year.
To celebrate my 'birthday' I thought it may be a nice idea to offer a bit of my old tat as 'blog candy' so if you care to leave a comment on my blog between now and the 22nd Jan I will enter you into the Hogwarts Sorting Hat (aka Random.org) and pick out a name and send you something (don't know what yet cos I haven't decided)

Back to what I have been up to lately, One of my favourite blogs to visit is Audrey's site Small Creations and I was intrigued to see some Chunky ATC's that she had made. I haven't made any ATC's for a while, but these looked great fun so I decided to have a go. So after trying miserably to get my OH to go into the garage and cut me some bits of wood up, he finally came up trumps by getting one of his lovely lads at work to make some appropriate sized bits for me, and here are my efforts


As always a blank canvas is a bit daunting, but once I got started these were great fun, but none of them ended up as I had planned but I do like all of them. These 'ATC's ' are great fun as the dimensions give you so much to play with (I am sure however that ATC purist wouldn't be too happy with these LOL)


26 comments:

  1. Oh fabulous !!! Happy Blogging Birthday ... Oh that sounded rude too hehehe. Anyway congrats and ... I adore these chunkies they are stunning artwork.
    I shall go and promote your blog candy now
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A year already? How time flies! I love your chunky ATCs, and I would really love to win some of your tat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicks, your blog is great - happy blogging birthday hunni. I love your stuff, you are really creative and a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicks, great blog and your chunky ATCs are brilliant, happy 1st blog anniversary, Fiona K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love thes chunky atc Happy Bloggerversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nicks, A year already? Happy blog birthday!!
    I saw those chunky atc's too - have had some chunks of wood sitting on my shelf staring at me for a while now......think they will stay there! yours are brilliant. Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am really taken with the idea of "chunky" atc's; as you say there seems to be a lot of scope to use the other dimension. Yours are fantastic BTW.- JOhn

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful pieces of work as usual
    love them x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those chunky ones Nicks and wouldn't mind a bit of your old 'tat'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooooooooh I got a lump of wood today lol It's great
    SparklesStuff

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey you :) These are so fabulous. I love all of them, especially the gold one with the pen nib on the side. It is gorgeous! Love the color on the one with wings. And you made me giggle with your sense of humor. The last line of your post made me crack up......so true but so funny. Oh and happy blog anniversary! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh i am surprised you havent got more entries for this these are so beautiful and you are so talented. I have a blog candy banner prominent on my blog for your page. Hope lots more find you
    Hugs June

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Nicks, they are great, I luurves them. Debs H

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday !!!!!

    luckydolls123[at]verizon[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to see what you have been up to ..... very nice loving your work.
    Have a fantastic blogging Birthday I wish you all the best.

    Love Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Nicks they are fantastic I wish I had half of your talent.

    Happy blogging Birthday.

    Smithy (Chrissy)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant Nicks..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nicks I must admit I haven't visited you Blog lately and BOY !! there's some great stuff on here

    but I'm sorry I'm hiding my barbie doll from you...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. yep i do like them of course - but please dont enter me into your competition as i think i own as much legally allowed of your tat rofl.....................but of course will always find room for more - but may be accused of nobbling the blog owner hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  20. love it happy blog birthday x daisymae.

    ReplyDelete
  21. happy blogging birthday xxx fab chunky wood pieces of art xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow. congratulations on aar, i have just started out in the blogging world...
    love your altered art pieces, maybe you can give me sone tips sometime.

    hudson

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your blogaversary! Lovely chunky ATCs, great colours.

    Lisa Sparkle (DC)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Blogday Nicks, love your blog and would love to win some of your tat...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. 'Happy Birthday to You'. Love the chunky ATC's. I am slowly moving over to the dark side Nicks :o)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx