Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Sunday 29 March 2009

Boot Sale Booty!



Just had a bit of a crafty spend of nearly a fiver at a local Car Boot sale.... My MIL was looking on somewhat bemused at my excitement, my daughter was just excited cos I told her she could dismantle the clock for me, since she took apart a microwave on my behalf she has taken on a destructive (only in a good way) streak!


Anyway here is my stash, knives, forks, spoons, a clock, dolly pegs, a couple of rusty tins (purchased by DH, while he was wandering round, I have him well trained) wooden rulers, glass bottles, a measuring thing, glass display watsits, mini brass pots, some clamps and the Pièce de résistance some really cool 'golf ball printer heads' at least that's what Matt says they are called!
Well I am chuffed!!

9 comments:

  1. well if you are chuffed that's all that matters lol
    SparklesSimpleStuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww hun i can bring some tat with me in april!! lol. happy altering, sue,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is chuffed good or do you need a cream for that? You got some primo goodies, chica. Can't wait to see what you do with em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cor Blimey !
    didn't you do well

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some great stuff, all I got was one fork and an old book :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. See I think I have some sort of avoid-the-simple-and-obvious-answer disorder, as it has never ocurred to me to go to a book sale for wonderful alterable things! I think I may have to start looking around for one now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that golf ball printer typewriter head! What memories for me. They were THE thing to have and whoever was allocated the golf ball machine in the office was highly favoured! What a bonanza and what a great find. Well done on your magpie mission.

    Can't wait to see what happens to them now.......................

    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. are you completely bonkers?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh. I haven't seen one of these for years! That is an IBM selective font that I used to type with when I worked for a printer setting type! Oh my gosh...it is a relic now. How very cool. Where ever did he find it? So happy I visited your site. Basia from AB 101 here. You have so many lovelies and a very interesting site.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx