Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Monday 6 April 2009

A Mystical Forest Fork

Well since Heidi and I set the challenge on an Altered Arts Forum of altering a piece of cutlery, I thought I had better get mine done even though I have a hundred an one other things that I should be doing! But then I did need to double check a couple of clay techniques for YCJ and make sure my toaster oven is the correct temperature to cure the clay... (well that's the best excuse I can come up with right now!)

Anyway, here is my altered fork, not that you
can really see that it was a fork unless you look carefully! I had a little play with the forks I bought from a car boot sale and a pair of pliers as soon as I bought them, as they were very cheap and nasty forks they bent really easily, which was helpful to me, but I doubt they would have been much good with a nice rare steak! The fork tines were twisted, and the handle was bent at a rectangle, so it sits all of it's own accord. My first thought was to use the bent tines as 'hair' but as it was my first thought I guessed it was too obvious, so then it looked to me like a tree... hence my version of the 'whomping willow'

One top tip though which you may find useful.... when trying to undo the top of some 'superglue' with ones teeth because you are precariously holding the other bits, just check there is a top on the superglue which needs to be removed, if you don't you get superglue all over your tongue.

Just telling you that apropos of nothing...................








(P.S.. just out of interest is superglue poisonous??)

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for my Tuesday morning giggle - superglued tongue - ick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, it's brill! I'm still looking at my unaltered cutlery. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG ..... couldn't open your dc gallery so popped over here - this is amazing, I really like this.

    Hope there were no ill effects from the super glue, sounds like just the sort of thing I would do.

    And getting superglue on your tongue is just setting yourself up for rude comments......

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning. i wanted to leave you a comment on DC, but I couldnt so i decided to come and have a look at your blog. Its brilliant. You are one talented lady!!!

    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning work of art. Am in awe of your talent!
    Love, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is now the time to be insulting seeing as how you can't speak cos of the superglued tongue???? Don't tell Heidi!!! LOL

    This is fabulous Nicks, truly, sepactacularly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous masterpiece.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. pmsl


    the forks pretty awesome too

    .......

    come on what else would you expect me to say first

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Nicks its brill, work of art, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so THIS is the famous 'altered fork' I have been hearing of... Great work Nicks, you have an amazing imagination and vision! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creations Nick!!
    blessings,Flora

    ReplyDelete
  12. so your lips are sealed lol

    Pretty good 'fork' love it

    Sparkles

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great altered Fork... Not that you could eat off it right now... LOL.. sorry. It is great WOW, love it. - Donna A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you hear that crashing noise? Well, it was my chin hitting the floor. What STUNNING inspirational work you do! TFS

    (PS, re Superglue - presume not as you're still here but I don't think it's recommended).

    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing work as always! love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nicks...I am in awe! This piece is absolutely stunning. I love all the details, especially the little faces you added.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx