Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Monday 11 January 2010

Frivolous Feet



I fancied having a go at a blog challenge so had a look yesterday at Ink on my Fingers Sunday Stampers.
This week the challenge was entitled 'Tiger Feet' and being a Mud fan in my day I just had to have a go.

Luckily you didn't have to include the Tiger bit just the feet bit.!! Now... I am not over-run with feet stamps, but I did come across these lovely Stockinged Legs that I bought from Dimension Forth ages ago and never quite had a reason to use them. So I am hoping Hels will allow these stockinged feet!??
(If you click on the photo, you will see there are various references to feet)





Now to me Feet means travelling, and if you have had a look at my blog before you may remember 'Auntie Gertie' - I have been thinking about her since I found the stamp which reminded me so much of her and have wondered what her life was really like, she died before we could have a 'proper' adult conversation.
I wonder if that spinster lady who looked after her parents until they died and as far as I can remember hardly ever left her home town, never mind her home county, had a secret desire to (or in fact actually did) wear frivolous /daring underwear and dreamt of taking off and travelling the world.

We will never know, but if she did then this collaged mirror is a tribute to her secret desires.

6 comments:

  1. That was such a great song to dance to at the time LOL

    Love your interpretation and lovely to see auntie Gertie again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab art hun, thanks for joining in and am loving those stocking feet :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This did make me laugh LOL. Great card, great collage

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoyed the collage, and the write-up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made me laugh. She could've been a bit of a gal! Lol. KT

    ReplyDelete
  6. My god but you move fast! No soon have I digested the fabulous pink and purple frame with its gorgeously framed stamped house and you're onto another project! You are a machine, woman!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx