Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Wednesday 13 January 2010

Another Day.. Another Challenge...

I was invited to join in with the Tuesday Taggers by the talented Clarky J when it first started a few months ago and never quite got round to it, although I do pop by every week to see what they are up to. Well the challenge yesterday set by Avril really caught my eye and stirred my Mojo, so in-between doing a bit of housework, freezer filling and ironing, I kept popping into the craft room and had a play. I finally finished it late last night in semi darkness so I was quite pleased when I woke this morning to find I did quite like the colours!
At the last Ally Pally, I dropped by (as always cos it is the highlight of the show) the LBcrafts stand and watched Lin playing with Metal, Ferro and Terra Paints. Generously she has repeated the technique on her blog, so hop over and take a look. So here is my version of her tag, and entry for the Tuesday Taggers Challenge which was simply a Bird on a Tag.
The Bird (any twitchers out there who can tell me what species it is, I am guessing its not an Owl!) was a die-cut which has been randomly covered with various colours of UTEE and embossing powders.
Not sure if it is a water bird but it is now because I had an odd urge to add a couple of Bull-rushes made from some odd flocky sheets I had (why I bought them I don't know but everything has a use eventually) and wire.  I stamped the words Take Flight into some gold Metal Magic... it hasn't worked terribly well, but it does look better in real life than it does on here

Now the next question is should I take part in the WOYDW - What's On Your Desk Wednesday which I came across via Jennie of The Artistic Stamper fame.... It's not good..... it is rather shameful.... be prepared for a dreadful sight...

... oh, I don't know if I can




....... I can't help it I have tried and I cannot work neatly




..... Deep Breath here goes






Told you it was bad.... full of stuff from my last few projects...

My MIL bought me a Fridge magnet for Christmas which says 'A Tidy House is the Sign of a Wasted Life'
Well rest assured that the rest of my house is clean and tidy (apart from No1 DD's room, but we wont go there, in fact no one dares to go there) but when it comes to my desk... well you can see for yourself!

I think I better go and have a tidy up, don't you?
While I am gone I dare you to join in WOYDW!!

25 comments:

  1. Lovely to find your blog Nick; and your desk is nothing to be ashamed of..the sort of art youcreate it would be a miracle and probably unused if it was tidy! We have a room-of-shame here too, funny that!
    Thanks for WOYWW, really enjoyed browsing your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick great desk, Love your art
    You desk is not a mess more the work space of a creative genius darling
    I like your wooden tool boxes they would look great altered
    Thanks for sharing your desk its been so much fun having a rummage
    See you next week
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. What a wonderfully busy desk. You are one telented artist. Please join in often so we can nose round your space. I love it.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think its wonderful...what I'd give to e able to make such mess...creative mess though. Looks like a lot of fun at your desk x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! I love your work and your blog!! I love this WOYWW cause you get to meet new people and blogs..I became a follower too, I just love your work that Tag is just beautiful!!
    Hugs Normajean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you dare apologise girlie ... I LOVE your desk ... I could stay and look all day ... you did a great job on that tag too ... it really was a fab tutorial on Lin's blog ... I must give it a go!
    See you next week ... once you have started WOYWWing ... well you can't stop ... tis in the small print *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the challenge Nick - your workspace fits right in with ours (I'm also new this is just my 2nd week and I LOVE your tag and other work on your blog!

    I just signed up to Follow your blog - come visit me when you have a moment!

    Ramona :-)
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha Nicks, yes you are right I am !! Will send you pics of mine !!
    Love the tag.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The desk isn't shameful it's fab for nosey peeps like me!! I'm loving that alcohol inked heat gun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome our expanding group,you will find we all take it in turns to be untidy, altough yours is definately more artistic than untidy (wait till you see my mess)

    HUgs Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow a space that looks like it could have been done by me! I am a hopelessly messy crafter and would never earn a domestic goddess title! I have the magnet saying on my fridge and refer anyone who comments to it!
    Back to your fabulous tag - Love the texture going on as well as the colours - also that you kept going back to it over yesterday - all my best projects seem to work best with little spurts of doing them. Thanks for joining in with TT this week and hope to see you back real soon. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tag Nicks and PERFECT desk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tag is lovely and loving your work desk - makes mine look really tidy!! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous tag, and I'm glad to see someone else has a desk like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well that makes me feel right at home. It must be an occupational hazard... being surrounded by so many useful things!
    I'll look in detail at my leisure!
    Thanks for the insight!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your fabulous art work. Your desk looks perfectly normal to me. Thanks for joining the TT this week.
    Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing work totally beatiful. Thanks for joining in the fun at TT this week.
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful tag. So glad I chanced across your blog, there is so much of interest to see. It is also nice to find someone with an art desk like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's an amazing tag you've made, the desk is also quite amazing too! I think I need to go and empty the contents of my drawers all over my desk! Lol

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful Tag Nicks, and your desk looks like mine on a good day.. quite neat and tidy :)
    lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW Nicks, I love your workdesk, I wish I could be like that, but I spend too much time, tidying up after I finish a project....My dad was an Army guy.....I am constantly telling my kids not to waste their energy and time on housecleaning, cos I think I have been a bit "anal" when they were growing up....I love your tag it is a "Work of Art" I need to get some off that thick embossing stuff in my stash....thank you so much for playing along at Tuesday Taggers this week and for the mention.....Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lol, your comment made me laugh too, I'll try and moderate mine in the future so you don't almost end up in hospital!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the tag Nicks, I have all the things ready to make one - just need to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely tag hun! My desk is a mess too, so don't worry about it!
    Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Tuesday Taggers this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri
    x

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx