Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Saturday 13 March 2010

Had a Lovely Day

Learning Rag-Rugging and doing some more Needle-felting with the very multi-talented Meg Foster, who is not only an accomplished artist/painter but is passionate about using recycled things in her textile work.... boy her enthusiasm is exhausting!

I can't imagine that I will ever have the patience to a full size rug, but I can see endless possibilities using this techniques in my work, with a 'Nicks Twist'.







Now I have just got to mention that Meg is doing a Free-Form Knitting course in April...

6 comments:

  1. oooooooooh thats lovely. A bit different to the rug MrS and I made in the dark evenings of 1960's lol
    Sparkles

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooo my Gran gave me her rag latch years ago & I had a go & eventually made a rag rug...took ages & it never wore out!!!!! I can think of loads of applications for this these days too!

    I love your flower!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh scrumptious stuff! Can you send me the dates for the freeform knitting as I'd love to come if I can make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors in your rag rug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love these! KT

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous i love all the different textiles and fabric, its fab xxx

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx