Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Friday 14 May 2010

Cake Anyone????


It's Upcycle time again...  

Regular readers may remember the Upcycle course I did recently with the wonderful Meg and Jess, well yippee they have decided to do another 6 week course but this time with a theme and the theme is 'Picnic' every week we can choose from a couple of projects and this week I decided to dust off the knitting needles and make use of some recycled wool and make a cupcake - sweet eh? (oh just realised the pun LOL)





I got back from staying with the Best Ones on Tuesday and had a fabulous weekend celebrating the old dears milestone birthday - after months of planning which involved the odd snatched conversation with Mr Bessie it went without a hitch, surprise party, trip on a childrens steam engine and a trip to The Craft Barn and Wakehurst place it was lovely to see her enjoying being spoilt, nothing less than she deserved xxx

 Came home to major problems with my Dad and his health issues, its so sad when your childhood (and adulthood hero) gets old, so its been all go since I arrived home sorting him out, but I am determined to find a couple of hours crafting to myself today, and what better excuse than starting playing with this months DT pack from The Altered Element!

Lynne has sent me some mouthwatering CraftyNotions Spray paints, puffy paint and gilding flakes - yum! and for this months upcycling challenge she has found this...



a games compendium...
lots of scope if only I had any inspiration, but something will come to mind. I am rather behind on my self imposed challenge of working through my stash of books, so I feel a combined project coming on!

Watch this space!!

6 comments:

  1. The DT pack looks quite interesting. Looking forward to seeing what game you devise. I'll bet it will be more involved than checkers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cup cake [nicer than the real thing lol]
    Poor David xx
    Looks an interesting box of goodies and you WILL find that spark of inspiration ! That's why you didn't answer the phone LOL
    Yes, it was a great weekend and thankyou xx
    Sparkles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cool, and sweet! And great good luck with that compendium. I would be very afraid if it were sent to me! Best wishes to your DF too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cupcake is amazing. What a talent.
    I received the games board from Lynne to alter! Cannot wait to see what you create - although I know one thing, it will be stunning. I managed to alter my games board and will post very soon. Will call back to see what you have created. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great cupcake - I can only knit scarves - so admire that you can make shapes - let alone cupcakes ... i recently did a couple of felt ones but they were so simple.

    Wouldn't know where to start with the games board!

    Hope your dad gets better health soon.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic cake !
    lovely picture of you and Bessie's
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx