Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Friday 22 October 2010

Signed, Sealed and Delivered

Well, Signed and Sealed and Delivered to the happy couple, so now I can show you the rather different Invitations I have made for my Sis-in-laws Civil Partnership to her partner - well it would be to her partner wouldn't it - who else?? -


The idea was based on some 'chunky ATC's' I made a while ago. Matthew had some blocks of wood cut to size for me (dont tell any wood lovers they are a beautiful Ash - but in my defence they were cut from waste wood from a local kitchen fitters) Liz and Kim gave me the colours scheme, silver, burgundy and red and the only premise was that they wanted them a touch Christmassy but not too Christmassyits a December Wedding and Liz just loves winter/Christmas, so much so they have hired a snow machine- what fun!!), so apart from that I had a free rein and luckily they liked the first draft I came up with.




As my regular blog readers may have guessed I believe in Angels and so does Liz, so I just had to use Sir T's Hand Angel wings die. Coupled to together with some of my favourite things, Metal. Paint and Debbi Moores Metal Magic, this is what evolved.





So where's the actual invite?? Its on the back in the form of a mini gatefold card.

 




 









I'm not really one for repetitive work, but luckily I only had to make 12 invites and 12 boxes (they bought the evening invites!) but it wasn't so bad once I got my self organised (which is unusual in itself)




Now its time to start thinking about what I am going to do with the rather original wedding favours they have bought - no sugared almonds for them!

But first I may just take that first scary step and make the first mark in my new Moleskine journal

20 comments:

  1. Wow what a lovely keepsake for the guests. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh they are just gorgeous, they will be so pleased when they get them xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool are these?!! Great Job Nicks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful Nicks - and I'm sure every guest will end up keeping their invites. Well done!
    Linkon

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, beautiful Nicks! I hope they have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Matey I love the colours and the metal magic really sets them off what a cool idea !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elaine Y (Emisnanny)22 October 2010 at 17:14

    Wow, Nicks these are wonderful, so unique and fantastic colours, perfect for a December Wedding. x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh they're fabulous Nicks!!! What lucky receipients, as well as an invite, they get to keep an original piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant nicks, just brilliant. Ejay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh WOW they TOTALLY ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome Nicks you have done the greatest job on this, I love the colour combinations and the design, and that silver background dribbling down looks terrific. Enjoy the weekend. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! These are just stuuning mate, love them.

    I would defo keep them & it will sit nicely on a mantlepiece!

    Still waiting for my invite??!!!!! :) :) :) xxxx

    (To your craft room, not wedding!) ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabby keepsake for some lucky peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow theses are really stunning Nicks., well done ...Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Nicks, you sure did em proud - what a fabulous way to announce and invite and remember, great idea. Love the colour of the box too! Treat yourself to some Moleskine time for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nicks! This is very clever! Wow - you'll make them real happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. they are gorjusssssss, just so different as well, happy days to come for them both xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nicks this invite is just amazing!!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These invites are amazing! I love them!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx