Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Believe and Dream and

give the mountboard alot of hammering! Not with a hammer of course, though I was tempted at times. This has gone through a few changes! I coloured it with - umm guess distress inks, covered with utee and then inked up the stars background stamp with gold ink - too subtle -  over stamped that with green ink  ok so far -  laid this over the hot utee and added another layer of utee -yep looking good. but could I decide what to do next? Could I buffalo!


So I decided to triple emboss with the steampunk baubles -errmmmm ok i thought . 'hey i know I will pick up the baubles with Vivagold -err... nope that didn't work - I know lets reheat the utee and see what happens. YUM!! the vivagold kinda separated and gave a love mottled effect - i wonder what happens if you spray cosmic shimmers over warmish utee and reheat? Yum more lovely mottled glimmered effects.
Looking good now after a very shaky start! Well actually it looks gorgeous! Too Gorgeous to cover up, so I picked out the Believe Dream Create stamp from my personal box of AS stamps and triple embossed this on a scrap of mountboard, after all if you don't Believe and cant Dream at Christmas its a sad old world.
Bit of wire and a few beads and a glass star and here is Tuesday's Tag

my treat today??? some creating - some journalling - some me time!

4 comments:

  1. ooooh yummy! what a scrumptious creative journey that was xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza - look at that texture! You've always been a great one for experimenting - I never tire of hearing about the latest art medium...you see, I don't even know what you mean with Utee? What is that??

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx