Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Saturday 1 January 2011

New Year Wrecking (with apologies to Netty! )


At last I have found a use for the 'scratchy tool' I bought to use with Stampboard - I think I may be the only person in the world to dislike Stampboard - perhaps 2011 should be the year that I try to love it.

Anyway - welcome to 2011. - 2010 is so last year

Yep I scribbled with reckless abandon - just like a toddler will do whilst they are at that stage of life where they are allowed to be completely free with 'art' before they start believing (cos they are told) that art HAS to be good, and if it isn't then you shouldn't do it. How sad it is that many people give up being creative at a very young age because 'they aren't good enough' regardless of whether or not they enjoy it. That's why I am enjoying Wrecking and journalling as w hole, because it is very free and no-one but no-one has to like it but me! I have huge regrets that it took me until I was in my forties to learn this very simple fact!


and this one........ its a nonstop line (well it did stop eventually - everything has to at some point)



There are a few more pictures on the link at the top of the blog if you fancy a nosey.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS!

5 comments:

  1. I have started wrecking mine, too but haven't got any pics yet! Love your scribbling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know I totally cringed at this Nicks, nay I wept buckets to think my friend who I have so long admired...no strike that.......have been so inspired by was wrecking her gorgeous work. Then SUDDENLY I saw the LIGHT in your Heading above........so now I say GO GIRL DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO BUT HANG ONTO YOUR TEETH.........Hugs Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have started something now ... I think I have a wrecking spell coming on too ... Happy New Year to you and yours ... let's hope it's a good one X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Nicks, may it be a happy and crafty one for you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gawd I cant do that !!!

    and you are the second in the world to not like stamp board I have stacks still in the pack LOL

    Happy New year Matey x

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx