Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Sunday 14 September 2008

ATC alert....

I haven't made any ATC's for ages, seem to have lost my enthusiasm for the little darlings, or just two many other projects I want to do not sure which!
But I did sign up for a Beeswax Swap a while ago, so had to get my melting pot out and have a go. Here are the results .....

Inspired by a 'Beeswax Book' (that is a book made with beeswax, not a book on how to do it) I saw in a freebie local Artist's Mag I picked up yesterday, which was made from gauze, wood and beeswax, I just had to have a go! I used thin real wood veneer and gauze for the first one, but you can't really see the wood so that was a bit superfluous, but it is something that could work and I'll have another go another time! The second has a basic background of a dry baby wipe, which I spritzed with ink and then heated and then wax over the top and an air dry clay embellishment which was 'stuck' on with wax!

The final one cannot really be called an ATC as it is too big, but then I have a bit of a problem with ATC purists, just cos it won't fit in a folder doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed...... but yes I know.... an ATC should be 3.5" x 2.5"! But anyway it's not an ATC it's a RAK for the host of the swap, got very messy doing this one, it's gauze, wax, encaustic wax, stamping into the wax, metallic rub ons, accent beads and a tiny face .
No glue at all was used, even the label on the back was stuck on with wax and unusually for me I managed to complete the whole project without burning myself!

3 comments:

  1. Hiya Nicks
    Good to see your enthusiam wasn't lost for good!
    BTW- it was my hubbys bum! Not bad for a 40 something!
    LOL Jillx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wax ATC's
    Thanks for visiting me,great to Meet!! new people

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome, have received a couple of beeswaxtrades but not tried it myself yet.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx