Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Wednesday 17 September 2008

The Sad Demise of the Pink Bag

OK OK OK I know shopping trolleys get a bad press, but tell me.... when you are struggling through town laden down with bag upon bag painfully cutting into your hands and I trip past gaily pulling my trolley with ultimate ease, who's the fool??
Anyway my fabby friend Lisa bought me one for my birthday a couple of years ago and I loved it, but so many mean minded people laughed at my beloved but rather pink teddy bear trolley!

So after a comment from a friend who shall remain nameless (who I would like noted puts all HER shopping in MY trolley when we go to Ally Pally) said 'well I have to put up with your pink trolley' I decided the time had come to alter it!




So here it is after a couple of days of gessoing, painting, inking and adding bits of pieces to.
I love it! And if anyone is rude about it I will get them in the ankles as I pass!!



Now off to comfort Lisa who bought it for me, she is devastated LOL
PS Please take a minute to check out Katherine T 's blog and have a look at the awesome altered shoe last she created for an online challenge we took part in!
PPS before I get into copyright problems with Heidi the square soldered charm hanging from the 'lock' is her artwork that usual sits on my mantelpiece, but needs to be seen in public!

16 comments:

  1. although i am so impressed with the altering you have done! I am so sad :o( to see the pink go! I loved your trolley just the way it was.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol how cool :) gorgeous colours. and the grungeboard should be fairly hardy.

    I quite liked the before photo too though, it was and is certainly a trolley with personality :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great! I see a niche in the market - Nick's Altered Trollies!!

    Brilliant. Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeeeeeeeeeeeeer what can I say?? you will be the envy of Ally Pally but.............................. can I put just a little bit of sparkle on it to make my mark ? LOL I won't say another word about your trolly - promise
    Sparkles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flipping heck !
    its flaming brill .
    not that I didnt like the Pink one LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gawd, Don't you lot start saying you liked the OLD one NOW! But thanks for the comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink is good!!!! LOL

    But the new one is pretty cool too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh my ankles will be safe....cuz I think the new altered version is BRILLIANT and much better than previous design and colour. Excellent job Nicks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooooooooo much better! Love what you have done to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! Much better! I think I need one of those. Are you taking commissions?

    ReplyDelete
  11. well you had to go one step better than me as ever - so lisa if you want a new bessie mate that appreciate everything you give em just shout billie no mates here is avail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    do i like it well errrm



    doh!!! YES and dont you go making another comment on here mrs N just to boast your numbers haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome!! (But I would be scared to take it out in public in case it got nicked...... I mean everyone will love it now!!)Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is fantastic very grungy and I want one now!! Did you have to mix fabric medium with the paint so it went over the pink and didnt crack? Oh and thanks very much for linking my blog and all your ace comments..Its cheered me up as have had the dreaded really bad pmt lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG this is just the most amazing thing, i need one... puts my half arsed attempt to alter my own trolly to shame :O( lol

    May i ask what sort of paints you used?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should get yourself commissioned by Selfridges or Harrods! It's amazing - makes me want to go and do one right now!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx