Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Friday 7 November 2008

It's been a while!

since I posted, been a bit busy, but unfortunately not 'tat' making busy. Since YCJ it's been half term, so busy with the kids and since then have been doing stuff at school, a quick drive down to Kent to spend the day with my mate and then Edwards Birthday/party (gawd aren't boys messy and dirty and noisy!)
But have taken delivery of two full size (well half body full size if you see what I mean) Mannequins. I have been looking at these for a while and very tempted to buy one, so when a friends daughter asked for some help with her GCSE Art Project, which the theme happens to be 'Altered Art' and she had the idea of using one I just had to order two, one for her and one for me!
If all goes to plan, the idea that Lucie has got in her head will blow the examiners socks off!
I'll let you know how it all goes.
Also had an order last night from a friend for a couple of things he wants me to make for Christmas Presents, an altered box with a selection of greetings cards inside..... the boxes are fine but I'm not so keen on making 40 cards, I have no interest in making cards any more, in fact................ confession time I think I'm going to buy my Christmas cards this year! But hey, he is paying for them so it's all extra dosh! Must try and fit that in between making my own presents, doing the Art raffle and a few ATC's and it's the SSO's birthday soon so spose I better pop to Pondland for her present.
Also a bit over excited because the next Your Creative Journey workshop in April is already over half full, so places are going fast! So it's all action stations and we have some fab projects in the pipeline!

1 comment:

  1. Oh nicks Cards eeek for you! lol. I am sure youll get it done, theres an award on my blog for you. x

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx