Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Monday 25 May 2009

Fingers have stopped drumming...


Cos I have done this weeks lesson for the AB course I am doing... well they will start drumming all over again cos next week is catch up week for those who are a little behind (I certainly have not got a little behind!!) so we are free to have a play at what ever we want to do.



This weeks lesson was hosted by a 'guest tutor' Ingred Dijkers of http://www.ingriddijkers.com/ and http://www.ingriddijkers.blogspot.com/ and was 'Edging your pages' in this instance using buttons.

I had problems doing exactly as she taught because a) I can't remove my pages from my book as she can her journal and she recommends 28 - 26 gauge wire, in silver that I wanted to use I had 24 (too thick) and 34 (too thin) so I did as best I could and
I like the results.
I finished off one page that I had painted but not done the actual spread. I had some fabric that I had already prepared to go through the printer (by using Freezer paper) so I printed off some images onto that and then just doodled, giving myself permission not to worry about my handwriting and doodling and just relax. It may look a bit messy but I am happy with it.... well it has got some of my favourite people on there and if I can't be relaxed with them around then when can I?
(oh if you are wondering, the Lilies bit at the bottom was the note that came with a bunch of flowers that I received from my best friend this week) xxx

2 comments:

  1. I'm luvin' watching this grow!

    What a treasure.

    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. did i spot buttons !

    lovely work

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx