Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Thursday 18 February 2010

There is nothing like a Dame...

Nothing in this world...... la la la la la la la, lalalala la

and here is my very own dame, in the guise of a husband!

It's panto week here in Norfolk, as a family we are all involved, Matt and the kids are on the stage and I'm working backstage.
All good fun and lots of laughs!


With the Panto and half term, I haven't had alot of time to make art, but when I saw that the Tuesday Taggers challenge was 'Time' this week, I knew I should be able for find a few minutes and I have come with this tag/bookmark for my journal.

I wanted to use my new metal punches, and found this quote which is very apt where I am concerned.
I have also used some Ferro paints, and made a clock face using some Heidi Swapp clock face stamps, which very cleverly give you the clock hands separately, so you can have whatever time you like...
For no reason in particular, this clock is showing the time I was born.

On the back I used a Paperartsy stamp and stamped into Debbi Moores Metal Magic. I did use some of Tim's Distress Crackle paint on the other side but it just peeled off. Not sure why, but I am not hugely impressed with this paint, however it looks OK without it so I have left it how it was!








Right better go now and feed the hoards before we go to 'break another leg' tonight!

21 comments:

  1. How fun...gosh you do have a busy life. Marvellous that you're all involved, makes it very special if you ask me!
    I love the tag, love the saying..how have I missed that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh brilliant, I love pantos, not the big celebrity studded ones, but the small, local ones. Friends of ours usually get involved and the productions are just hilarious. Gotta love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this fabulous creation. Bet your having great fun with the panto, great for all the family to be involved. Thanks for playing along with TT this week.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the texture paint! Very cool piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the metal and texture and the fabulous clock face you used, the sentiments are so apt. Enjoy your panto its sure to be a lot of fun. Thank you for sharing with us at TT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like brilliant fun! We're huge panto fans in our house (that's just us two), and would regulary join 300 hundred kids in the theatre around Christmas time yelling "He's behind you!", never get tired of it! Great piece of art too. Yes, hubby is from Cambridge, I'm from Durham. We'll be spending a few days with his parents right outside the city, but also in West Sussex, Essex, Somerset, Lancashire and Cumbria too. It's knackering! I come back to work needing a holiday I can tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunningly Wonderful tag, Nicks! Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at TT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi there,

    I really like your piece here and I would be interested to know where you got your metal text punches from?! They're great.

    Amelia.x
    (www.101birdtales.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wowzer Is that a word? oh yes it is OH NO IT ISNT LOL! OH looks fab in your best frock Nicks :0)Thanks for finding "time" to join in the fun at TT this week x Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. your tag is fab !! thanks for joining us at Tuesday Taggers this week...good luck..hugs Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an exciting busy time you are having! Matt looks brilliant!!!! My daughter used to do Panto & loved it!!!

    As for your tag...its awesome!!! Those letter punches are really good! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful is this tag, would love to have a go at this kind off embossing. great work, many thanks for playing along at Tuesday Taggers this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just me again, I've left you an award over at my blog, don't feel obligated to join in thoughm I know you're really busy right now!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to see the panto Sat night! Love the tags Debs H xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic tag. thanks for joining us on TT's this week. Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome tag and Love the quote on the front! Thanks for taking the Tuesday Taggers Challenge! Paula

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a wonderful tag. The paint on the back makes it look so so vintage and expensive. I'm happy you kept it. thanks for playing with us at TT this week.

    xoxo hugz
    Sheng

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always look into your blog (I am nosey like that)...cos its FAB! Would love to see your work in the flesh even though your photos are great I would lay money on it that your work looks even more stunning in "real life"....
    BTW ... do your days have 48 hours in them lol?
    Thanks for joining us at TT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Nicks
    wow that tag is stunning hun, luv the words ont it, brill panto pic looks fun. sue,xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nicks this is WONDERFUL, a perfect entry for this weeks TT
    Thanks for joining us
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is lovely... thank you for joining us at TT this week
    xxx lynx

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx