Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Finished at last......

Well you know I said that the board book was virtually indestructible....??? it's not quite! what I didn't notice until I looked at the photo's on my blog post was that the hinge of the list was looking a bit worse for wear.
Well after I had completed all the pages inside it was looking even more the worse for wear!!
To be honest I cant blame it as it had been hammered to within in an inch of it's life, so it did really well, but it did need a bit of repair work. Claudine Helmuths sticky backed canvas came the the rescue, I cut a strip and coloured it with distress inks, then carefully peeled away the metal from each side of the hinge and put the canvas in place. TBH I don't think anyone would notice if I didn't tell them, so I am hoping the secret is safe with you....!

Anyway the book is now with its new recipient, the wonderful and gorgeous Ejay and we as a family are all ..


Isn't the cyber world wonderful? It allows you to meet people that you would never ever cross paths with in real life. Ejay and I became friends a few years ago via a forum, and soon learnt we share the same mischievous sense of humour, but behind her humour lies the loveliest lady you would ever want to meet.

She makes me laugh ALOT - as you can see...


she even cooked sprouts esp for Edward - the way to his heart is through his stomach! - which inspired his sprout and sprout coloured background for his addition to the book.


and how impressed were the children when they were told not to worry if they broke anything cos Ejay had loads of superglue (NB - the didn't break anything)

Mr Ejay is just as lovely and Matt was a bit smitten as well (think it was the 'homemade' pies)


All together now... 'Didn't we have a lovely time, the day we went to Ejay's' la la la
(if you can guess the tune you are showing your age)


Me and my Mate, and Georgina's page


but this sums Ejay up...



Thank you Ejay for the memories, we love you xxx


PS- I have just re-read this and Matt would like to point out that he is smitten with MRS Ejay not Mr Ejay

9 comments:

  1. I was worried for a split second that your chook would not enjoy your lovely book,(but I thought well Nicks is really sorry she shut her foot in the door, so maybe she in a weird way is trying to make up for it,) mmm I thought, then I read on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S how come I have lost two days in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Kathy, Ejay chook is named after Ejay.. both just as naughty as each other but Ejay human hasnt got a bruised foot, but they she is not silly enough to try and get in my house or walk under my feet so I trip over her

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like I said " how lucky am I, or should I say we, because Eddie is chuffed to bits with it also. Thanks Nicks, Matt, Georgina and Edward. Luvs Ya. Ejay xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely Nicks and I really like the golden thread page. I can't wait to meet Ejay - must have a trip up that way one day.
    Linkon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. well I know I'm touched and it's not even for me!! How lovely Nicks, love all the backgrounds and the front of the album is a treat. Lucky Ejay, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blooming heck where did the time go, it can't be Thursday already, I was just getting used to Tuesday.........
    I love your book Nick, but am going to tell everyone about your boo boo.........lol
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nicks.This is absolutely fantastic you clever girl.Love to the chooks.xx

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx