Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Thursday 31 March 2011

Flowers Flowers everywhere

I went to my craft class last night run by the wonderfully bonkers Meg Foster and last nights subject was needle felting - Meg puts a wonderful slant on every technique and does something out of the ordinary and encourages people to do the same.
I purchased some of Megs' beautiful carded silks and felted them onto a piece of wool blanket. they looked lovely just as they were but 'be brave and cut it up' shouts Meg, so I did and made this flower.


You may remember last year I did a few classes with Meg and I was halfway through making a tea cosy for an exhibition, but then life went pear shaped and I never finished it. So although the idea this year is to make bags I am finishing off my cosy - otherwise I will have yet another WIP sitting there. the flower will be part of it. Next time we are combining rag rugging and needle felting... that sounds exciting, not sure how it will work but I know it will be fun!

When I came home I found that Ange Lee (creator of the new 'Tatty Button' stamps) had put tutorial on her blog for yet another way of making shabby flowers - I cant wait to have a play making these they look fab. I'm wondering if I could use the newsprint that I made some other flowers with - not sure if it will work though as the paper is already covered in PVA - watch this space!

I'm still getting one or two emails asking how I made the newspaper flowers. I did post a link but I think maybe people missed it so here it is again if you are interested - Newspaper Flowers


oh and I doodled this as well for my cosy!



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link Nicky. As I v'e said in my blog tutorial, it really depends on the papers used as to how the flowers turn out. If there is anything that repells water on them...it may hinder the technique...but it's a case of experimenting and seeing what works and what doesn't. HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love felting and these flowers look great I know what you mean though sometimes i make a felt piece and its so pretty you just want to keep it that way and not cut it up hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nicks it is beautiful, I wish she ran classes here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont think it will work Ange cos the paper has been stuck together with PVA, but it might cos its not coated with PVA as I wrote in the post, will give it a go cos I think it would look fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. its realy beautiful.loveit.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx