Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Newspaper is handy stuff

Not only does it impart the latest news and good for wrapping up broken glass and excellent for lining the bottom of the chooks coop for easy cleaning out, you can also make gorgeous flowers from it!
How come when you lend something to somebody you immediately actually NEED it, even though you haven't used it for months? Well that happened to me this week when I lent Tim's Flower Die to a friend, and then wanted to actually make some flowers for my latest project...
Well as fortune would have it I received the latest copy of Cloth Paper Scissors through the post on Monday and took it with me when I had an appointment yesterday as I knew I would have a wait.
Well as if by magic, I opened the mag and there was an article about making Flowers from Newspaper - They looked fab and just a bit different from Grungeflowers so I decided to have a go - I love them!! they are very effective


They have turned out a bit big for the project I want them for, but that's easily sorted - 
I would go and make some more right now, but I am off tonight to some more Workshops run by Meg Foster - you may remember I did some Upcycling classes a few months ago - well she is doing some more, so I am all fired up and excited!
Will report back on what madcap stuff she has us doing this time!

PS Beryl .... if you happen to read this, I dont need my die back quickly so don't fret

11 comments:

  1. Ohhhh they look good. Will you be demo'ing them at the next workshop??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I need to buy a news paper LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh spoil sport you didn't tell us how to make them!! They are lovely. You are lucky what good classes you near you. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are great flowers Nicks. Have a great class and hope you will be back to share the secret of the flowers. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who needs a die when you can make flowers as fab as that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are Fab Nick, i,d love to know how to?
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh fab. Would love to see a demo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These caught my eye too
    Yours turned out fantastic :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers are lovely Nicks,well done. Ejay x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! these are gorgeous Nicks, you need to put a tutorial on your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a good arts and crafts project. Not only did you manage to make beautiful art pieces, you also recycled newspapers in the process. Hope to see a follow up "how to" post about this one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx